As we begin to channel our attention unto nurturing personal wellbeing following months of uncertainty and time away from nature. At this moment in the world, we need people to step into their fullest potential and joyfully awaken their radical authenticity more than ever. On the Joyful Awakening at Balearic Island Retreat, become an embodied permission slip for everyone else to become free as well and expect to:
– Cultivate authentic self-expression
– Release unwholesome habits and tendencies that no longer serve you
– Overcome blockages that have been inhibiting your expansion
– Experience physical and emotional release
– Reconnect with your inner playfulness
– Reclaim your voice
– Lean into your inner lightness
– Develop and amplify your best qualities
– Remember who you are at the base of your being: an awakened heart
Balance Holidays welcomes Sah D’Simone as the leading expert on this programme. Having amassed strong recognition online and in-person for being a pioneer of a sassy, heart-based growth movement. In this exclusive, first of its kind retreat, Sah will introduce and guide guests on a deep dive into The Sah Method. A dynamic and playful experience created by Sah, that integrates ecstatic dance, breathwork, mantra and meditation to awaken, energise and heighten the power in the four most essential qualities of our hearts: Compassion, Love, Joy and Wisdom. The immeasurable and limitless resources that are ours to enjoy, amplify and radiate. Through Sah’s masterful synthesis of ancient Tantric Buddhist philosophy and modern contemplative psychology, that will support his teachings of the Sah Method. You will gain a well-rounded understanding of how The Method works, and why. Enhancing the experience of the practice to propel your spiritual journey to the next level.
Across the retreat, each day’s agenda will follow a theme. As we explore the theory and practice behind each of the components: dance, breath, mantra and meditation and the four modules: Compassion, Love, Joy and Wisdom. Through this, we will be able to take a raw look at our belief systems that have kept us stuck. Tearing away the labels that hold us back from embracing unbridled self-expression and heart qualities. To complement Sah’s method and practice, a DJ specialising in multi-dimensional rhythms that see funky and soul disco, hip-hop and reggae grooves infused together will be present throughout the entirety of the programme. Shifting and raising the energy levels, positivity and carefree joy into every guest through intention and sound waves. Marvel in the greatness and freedom of the outdoors with time in nature and on a social service.
In parallel to Sah’s personal principles of diet, mute the disparaging voices of the mind and listen only to the signals of the body to establish positive and sustainable relationships and habits with nutrition. Capturing culinary traditions of the Balearic Islands through local recipes and concepts. Combined with fresh, organic ingredients grown in neighbouring soils. All meals will be prepared using seasonal fruits and vegetables, paired with small portions of fish and free-range protein meats, legumes and gluten-free grains in place of carbohydrates. Refined sugars, dairy, lactose and soy products, sweeteners and alcohols will be absent from meals throughout the retreat to detox and reset the bodies.
Reflecting the harmonious unity of untamed Mediterranean coastlines and lush greenery, separated only by secluded bays and sandy footpaths. Relax in the laps of simplicity and tranquility at OKU Ibiza. Derived from the Japanese spiritual and architectural concept of “inner space”, OKU Ibiza opens its doors May 2021. With direct access to the tucked away beach, Cala Gració and the largest swimming pool in Ibiza, it has been meticulously designed to inspire guests and awaken their true inner self: connected and rested.
By connecting to the four innate qualities in our hearts, reclaim your voice and expand your heart for positive growth. Stripping away the noise of judgement and fear, peeling away layers of compromised tendencies that no longer serve us. Carving space for new dialogue and contexts to learn tools to facilitate enhanced fulfilment, gratitude and happiness in every encounter and experience after you return home from this exceptionally unique experience.
*To learn more about how a typical day on a retreat looks like, please see sample here and for more information about food and cuisine, please see here.
Sah D’Simone is a spiritual guide, meditation teacher, transformational speaker, and international best-selling author. He is pioneering a spiritually sassy, heart-based healing movement in which joy and authenticity illuminate the path to enlightenment. His infectious enthusiasm for healing is a revolutionary synthesis of ancient Tantric Buddhism, modern contemplative psychology, meditation, breathwork, and integrative nutrition. All delivered in his own radiant, approachable, and playful style.
Referencing nature and local connections, which form the fundamental basis of the property, echo into the Superior Rooms too. Where minimalism - expressed through a neutral, earthy palette, dressing the room in soft greys, beige and musky brown - creates a canvas for new dialogue. As the vastness of the outdoors seamlessly blends into the rooms through the tall double-panelled glass sliding doors that lead out to a private balcony. Encouraging the mind and body to tune with the great appeal of a simpler and satisfied lifestyle as stray thoughts slip away. Each room is equipped with a large double bed and spacious ensuite bathroom with a modern rainforest shower. Toiletries included.
Championing seasonal, farm-to-table meals, comprising organic fruits and vegetables, legumes, a mix of seeds, gluten-free grains in place of carbohydrates and sustainably sourced fish and free-range protein meats. Processed sugars, dairy, lactose and soy products, sweeteners and alcohol will be made intentionally absent to further encourage the body’s natural detoxification processes. Paired with the chefs’ esteemed skills at the property, creative interpretations of Spanish and Mediterranean influenced cuisine will be delivered as an extension to the ethos of this programme. Focusing on simple flavours and textures to ensure attention remains on the freshness of ingredients and providing optimal sustenance each day. Listen to your body and be encouraged to practice a health eating routine through the careful composition of each meal. For special dietary requirements, please notify us at time of booking and we will be happy to adapt the menu to your needs.
An archipelago east of Spain, positioned in the Mediterannean, lending a pleasantly mild climate consistent throughout the year. The Balearic Island is a multifaceted and diverse destination lined in eclectic vibrancy. A UNESCO World Heritage site and equally a hidden jewel in nature’s crown, the Balearic Island will provide lessons for restoration and living slowly. Be in the company of spontaneous encounters and aromatic plantations on a series of exquisite hiking and trekking trails. Choose from inland pathways passing through green hills made up of aromatic forests of olive and orange groves or the Mirador Las Puertas del Cielo path. Which will bring you winding across dramatic coastal rock formations, shielding over secret coves and beaches beneath. As you ascend to the height of the climb, look out towards the sea to capture a glimpse of the endless horizon. Before rewarding the senses with an exhilarating spectacle of dancing colours crawling across the aquamarine waters. The best spot on the island to witness sunset.
For this retreat, Balance Holidays and OKU Hotel Ibiza have worked together to introduce and adopt heightened levels of health and safety vigilance and measures guided by local health authorities, WHO (World Health Organisation) and CDC (Centres for Disease Control and Prevention) above their existing stringent standards as follows:
– Proof of a negative PCR test must be presented to Balance Holidays via email 48 hours before flight departure
– If you are showing symptoms upon arrival at the OKU hotel, please report it to a Balance Holidays representative immediately
– The property is characterised by spaciousness in both public and private areas that seamlessly integrate with the natural environment I.e. swimming pools, private bedroom balcony
– Reduced capacity to ensure maximum personal space and to allow for 2M social distancing
– Adoption of new cleaning standards outlined by regional and national regulatory bodies
– Face mask wearing is required in all indoor spaces and in the instance, social distancing is not possible
– Common touchpoints at the property are continually disinfected across the day I.e. concierge, lobby, fitness and wellness rooms, lounges, spa facilities, public bathrooms, elevators
– Installation of sanitisation stations across the property
– Guest temperature check upon arrival
– Air purifiers in the fitness and workout rooms
– Used facilities undergo deep sanitation using the latest technology, systems and products
– A private dining area in the property restaurant will be reserved for the sole use of Balance Holidays’ guests to ensure optimum space and minimal contact with others
– Outdoor areas for refreshments and light beverages are also available
– All equipment undergo deep sanitation using the latest technology, systems and products after being used
– Individually allocated personal equipment I.e. mats
– Physical activities and workshops will take place in a privately hired room (width: 3.6m, length: 23m) reserved only for Balance Holidays guests throughout the full duration of the retreat
– The room is installed with modern ventilation systems I.e. air conditioning, an air treatment to renew and filter the air in the room and wide sliding glass doors that open out to the pool
– Where a transfer is required between different sites, the vehicle’s surfaces inside (I.e. seats and handles) are thoroughly sanitised using the latest technology, systems and products
– The number of guests travelling together in each round will be kept to a minimum
– A public hospital approximately 25mins away is called “Hospital Can Misses”
– A private hospital approximately 25mins away is called “Policlínica Nuestra Señora del Rosario”
*Where required, our Balance Holidays representative and OKU hotel staff will be available to provide assistance reaching one of two hospitals
This programme will commence at 5:00pm on the day of arrival. You will be allowed to check into your room from 3:00pm onwards. We therefore suggest booking tickets with an arrival time that allows sufficient time for travel from the airport to the estate.
The closest airport is Ibiza. You may book a car or taxi from outside the airport, quoting the below address to bring you directly to the estate. Alternatively, the hotel will be happy to organise a transfer for you. This transfer service will entail a separate fee, not included as part of the cost of this programme and will be payable to the hotel before departure. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting “Transfer for Balance Holidays Retreat” in the subject line. Total journey time if local traffic conditions permit will be approximately 25 minutes.
Camí del Portixol, 2,
Sant Antoni de Portmany,
Join our community and stay informed about new experiences