Broughton Hall, Yorkshire, North England
Framed by moorlands and meadows, head to the English countryside to let go of your old, compromised self and learn new skills to promote a wild, connected and empowered version of you on the Rewilding at English Historic Estate Retreat.
Balance Holidays welcomes Tony Riddle as the leading expert on this programme. After a year of challenge and familiar surroundings, this special experience will bind the values of returning to the wild-nature to unlock your true potential. Rediscovering a naturally restful and happy state, immersed in true wilderness. That will also provide time and space for the mind to roam as far as the eyes can go.
Begin by dialling down negative emotions, ready to overcome personal challenges and enrich the connection to yourself and others in an Opening Fire Ceremony. A mixture of practices infused with a poetic expression of sounds created by our voices, leading us to heightened self-expression and creativity. In this programme, the key focus will be correcting natural form and posture, as well as igniting the excitement of being in the company of nature and forging new friendships. Through a series of nature-immersive activities, Tony will be guiding individuals to explore a dynamic range of functional and engaging movements. These include woodland walks, runs, wild swimming, forest bathing and tree climbing. Rest time is equally as important. Generously spaced between activities and outdoor-adventures, take a nap beneath the trees or go on a gentle stroll for some personal downtime.
For a complete and authentic back-to-nature break, learn to switch between different states of waking consciousness in Down Regulating Breath and Transformational Breath-work workshops. A naturally instinctive and influential function to help us recalibrate, reset and find alignment in the present and day-to-day living. A Sound Healing Session is scheduled on a separate evening to further encourage introspection and alignment with your true core being. Come together to reflect, offer gratitude and set intentions in a Closing Fire Ceremony.
Take this opportunity to also address compromised technology and food consumption patterns on this retreat. Each day, be presented with healthy, gourmet meals using locally sourced ingredients, specially designed by Balance Holidays together with Tony’s input. The use of artificial light will be kept to a minimum throughout this retreat, allowing our bodies to synchronise with natural light, limiting the disruption to our circadian rhythms and allowing deep nourishing sleep.
Sitting discreetly amongst 3,000 acres of land, for the very first time, Broughton Hall Estate will open its doors to hold a retreat. Attending guests will also have exclusive access to the newly furbished Avalon Wellbeing Centre, where some of the programme’s scheduled activities will be held. Both the estate and Avalon Wellbeing Centre will be reserved for exclusive use by attending guests across the full duration of the retreat.
Having been there and experienced the feeling of existing in a perpetual state of ‘making-do’, Tony Riddle strives to help individuals reclaim a sense of oneness with themselves and Mother Nature. His philosophy is anchored in the belief that we are each powerful human beings, in possession of everything to become the change we desire and to alter our current state of mind. His classes and workshops are built around the importance of nature because he believes, if we recognise that nature is missing from our lives, we can reconnect with it, fall back in love with it, and in doing so, enter a profound state of wellbeing. We are innately wild, connected and empowered beings. It’s time to rediscover your Human potential!
Thoughtfully designed to strike a balance between its cultural roots and modern day living, experience tradition, opulence and luxury in the Grand Rooms during the retreat. Dark mahogany panels are teamed with frescoed interiors to provide an intimate and personal space of calm and relaxation. Tall windows are also installed to allow continuous closeness with nature and contact with natural lighting that will encourage a gentle wake in the mornings. Bathrooms echo a classic English charm with a unique decorative style. Toiletries are included.
The philosophy of food will be based on the indigenous population’s nutritional needs. This approach aligns with Tony’s personal principles and will be adopted into this retreat to complement the roster of rewilding outdoor activities. Typical meals will consist of seasonal fruits and vegetables, absence of refined sugars, naturally gluten-free grains in place of carbohydrates and small portions of protein. *Please notify us of any dietary requirements and allergies you may have.
Location meets luxury, heritage, architecture and comfort at the 900-year old historical property, Broughton Hall Estate. Standing tall and confident, rooted in delightful British tradition, the surrounding settings are equally sumptuous and stunning. From old ruins of abbeys, castles and mills to an untouched blend of countryside colours and moods. Let the easy going and serene disposition encourage you to move, explore and discover. Or choose to savour each moment in slow strides, marvelling at the resplendent surroundings that stretch beyond the horizon. This hidden English countryside corner will host your every inclination.
For this retreat, Balance Holidays and Broughton Hall have worked closely together to introduce and adopt heightened levels of health and safety vigilance and measures guided by local health authorities, WHO (World Health Organisation) and CDC (Centres for Disease Control and Prevention) above their existing stringent standards as follows:
– Proof of a negative PCR test must be presented to Balance Holidays via email 48 hours before departure
– If you are showing symptoms upon arrival at the Broughton Hall Estate, please report it to a Balance Holidays representative immediately
– Guest temperature check upon arrival
– Contactless check-in and checkout
– The property and its facilities, including the Avalon Wellbeing Centre will be solely reserved for exclusive use by retreat guests only. Ensuring maximum personal space and 2M social distancing
– The property is characterised by spaciousness, indoor and outdoor, circled by 3,000 acres of private land
– All nature-based activities will be held outdoors
– Adoption of new cleaning standards outlined by regional and national regulatory bodies
– Common touchpoints at the property are continually disinfected across the day I.e. concierge, lobby, fitness and wellness rooms, lounges, spa facilities, public bathrooms, elevators
– Installation of sanitisation stations across the property
– Air purifiers in the fitness and workout rooms
– Used facilities undergo deep sanitation using the latest technology, systems and products
– Broughton Hall Estate is reserved exclusively for Balance Holidays’ guests. Which will provide the opportunity to dine in comfort and peace of mind, both indoors and outdoors depending on the programme schedule
– All equipment undergo deep sanitation using the latest technology, systems and products after being used
– Individually allocated personal equipment I.e. mats
– Sufficient personal space and social distancing is ensured throughout all indoor workshops
– A public hospital approximately 10mins away is called ‘Skipton General Hospital’
– A second public hospitality approximately 20mins away is called ‘Airedale General Hospital’
*Where required, a Balance Holidays representative and Broughton Hall Estate Staff will be available to provide further assistance in reaching one of two hospitals
This programme will commence at 4:30pm on the day of arrival. You will be allowed to check into your room from 2:00pm onwards. We therefore suggest booking tickets with an arrival time that allows sufficient time for travel from the train station to the estate.
The closest rail station to the estate is Skipton Railway Station. You may book a car or taxi from outside the station, quoting the below address to bring you directly to the estate. Total journey time if local traffic conditions permit will be approximately 15 minutes.
Broughton Hall Estate
Join our community and stay informed about new experiences